Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! I Messed My Sata Drive Up! :(

• Please log in to reply

GeekTech

GeekTech

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hello,
I tried to set up two Raid controllers up on my computer and it messed everything up, I have a promise raid controller built in to the MoBO and that is what I have been using for everything, becuase it is faster for transfering video to my data drive.
the data drive is two 250GB sata drives that I had set up to be used as one drive, yesterday I bought a sata to E-sata cable and plugged in a adaptec raid controller and then I plugged this sata to E-sata cable in to it and then plugged it in to my freeagent external hard drive it would'nt see it so I just unplugged it and put everything back and now my computer is seeing both 250GB hard drives instead of using it as one 500GB. And now in windows when I click one of the two 250GB hard drive it says " D:\ is not accessible The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" :)

I have something like 450GB of video, photos, and other files, that are unreplaceable so I hope that I don't have to format this drive :)

Thank you guys for taking the time to read this and I hope that someone can offer some advice.

GeekTech

Advertisements

GeekTech

GeekTech

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Has anyone got any ideas or do you need more information?

This computer is my mothers $4000.00 editing computer and I really need to get it fixed... :)

Maybe I have to change a setting in the sata setup or some thing...

Any ideas???

thanks
GeekTech

Edited by GeekTech, 11 January 2008 - 02:19 PM.

GeekTech

GeekTech

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I hope you guys arent afraid to tell me that I have to format my hard drive

:)

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Has anyone got any ideas or do you need more information?

This computer is my mothers $4000.00 editing computer and I really need to get it fixed... :)

Maybe I have to change a setting in the sata setup or some thing...

Any ideas???

thanks
GeekTech

$4000 bucks wow
I think you do a partition hdd or in simple words divided the HDD in to parts
Its possible to put it back together im just not to experience in that area
I will try reading stuff about partitions and how to put it back into i will try to help you went i find any info

GeekTech

GeekTech

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Thanks any way guys but I got it fixed and recovered all the data, I bought a 500GB external drive and used a recovery software to find all the data and then recover it all to the external and reformatted the two 250GB internal drives and kept then apart instead of setting them up as raid 0. Because I read it's more stable this way as far as keeping important data on it .

GeekTech :)

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Thanks any way guys but I got it fixed and recovered all the data, I bought a 500GB external drive and used a recovery software to find all the data and then recover it all to the external and reformatted the two 250GB internal drives and kept then apart instead of setting them up as raid 0. Because I read it's more stable this way as far as keeping important data on it .

GeekTech :)

okk
seem like you have money :)

GeekTech

GeekTech

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
HAHA actually my dad has the money :), and we actually live very frugally, the reason we have a $4000.00 editing computer is exactly that, we are getting in to doing some indi video stuff and needed something fast enough to edit on :)

Have a good evening! :)

:) GeekTech

Edited by GeekTech, 31 January 2008 - 05:55 PM.