Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with my Printer

• Please log in to reply

jwillis

jwillis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
how do I log in as administrator. i did plug the stuff back in without installing & it did not see it as new hardware

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
123 runner, do you have any Ideas while I research this?

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

How do I uninstall Lexmark Connect?

First, close the application by right clicking on the Lexmark Connect icon (it looks like a red diamond) in your task tray, and choose "Close Lexmark Connect."

Then to uninstall, go to your Start menu, click on "Settings," then "Control Panel," and then on the icon named "Add/Remove Programs." Click on Lexmark Connect, and finally on "Change/Remove. "

A dialog box will pop up, informing you the uninstallation was successful.

You can go here for more.

jwillis

jwillis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
thanks for the link to lexmark I have been talking to them all night. I need to install the new drivers which have been zipped & I don't have winzip which it asks me to use. is there another program which will open it or do i need winzip

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
ah man, there are but I do not know what they are.
You can download a free trial of winzip to get the job done. (nothing wrong as it is an evaluation trial.)
I am happy that you are getting somewhere with this.

jwillis

jwillis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
ok i'll try that thanks. I still could use some help with the problem of upload photos & attachments if you have the time. I should also tell you that occasionally i get a message saying my virtual memory is low. I check the c drive & it seems i have lots to spare or is that something different. I have the free copy but i don't know how to make it work with what Lexmark sent me. Theuir chat support isn't open again until Mon. If you can help that would be great

Edited by jwillis, 12 January 2008 - 11:00 PM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I use ultimateZip. It is also free and I like it better than winzip. Either way, unzip the zipped file into its own folder. Put the zipped file in a folder of its own and then unzip/ extract to there (this keeps all files together).

As for virtual memory...... In a nutshell, and very simplistic, ram is your memory modules. When the ram is full and cant be used anymore, the system steals memory from the hard drive (virtual). The system should manage this (there is an option to change it). That is why we look at "free space" on a drive. There should be at least 10% free.
How big is your hard drive and how full is it?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
7Zip is highly recommended.

I use the older, free version 6.1 of Power Archiver because I like the entries it adds to the right click (Context) menu. 7Zip may do the same, but I've not tried it.

jwillis

jwillis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I have a 60 GB hard drive with about 25 Gb of free space