Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need SATA drivers for installing XP

• Please log in to reply

laxy3006

laxy3006

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Could anyone help me know where I can get SATA drivers for installing XP. I tried to find them for a whole night but failed.
Pls help!!!!!!

Advertisements

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
They're often (usually) on the CD your motherboard manufacturer supplied to you. I went through the same thing a few months ago until I found that CD.

You can also find it on your motherboard's website; you need to copy the driver to a floppy, try to install Windows, and press F6 when it tells you to "Press F6 if you want to install a third-party SCSI/RAID driver".

Either way, you need a floppy :) That's actually a bit scary, since you can't find many of them now.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Sata drivers come with your mother board. they are on a floppy or on the motherboard CD. Give us some specs on the comp and we can try looking.
Do you have the cd that came with the computer?

dipak_helpdesk

dipak_helpdesk

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

You have to download drivers / have CD supplied by motherboard manufacturer. Need to copy the drive files on a floppy drive. When you start XP install press F6 to specify additional drivers and use drivers copied on floppy.

Regards,

Dipak