Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

dwm.exe removal

• Please log in to reply

tom_george

tom_george

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi guys,

would just like to know what would happen, if anything, if I was to stop running dwm.exe permanently. Some people on the Interent have said it has something to do with the graphics on the new Windows desktop - but if I had my laptop set to classic folders is dwm.exe really needed. If someone could explain what effect it would have on shutting it down that would be great. Its just that it seems to take up a lot of my computers power and really slows things to such an extent that I think my old computer is just as quick even though its 4 years old! Is there anything else I can do to speed things up? Finally, can someone please tell me how to get rid of the "Windows Live Today" thing that pops up when I sign in to MSN because I can't seem to delete it.

Thanks for your help

Tom

My laptop runs Vista Home Premium, Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 @ 2.00GHz and 2GB RAM, if thats any help?