Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help Zalman 9700

• Please log in to reply

matthew staton

matthew staton

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hey Guys I bought a new zalman 9700 cpu heatsink fan at comp usa about 3 weeks ago.I went to go do the bulid and now I see theres no mounting hardware for the board it was soposed to come with it .. I think I got screwed because comp usa is going out of business and have no returns now. Any one no the phone number or e mail address to zalman. I would hate to have to throw this fan away as it costed like 70 or 80 bucks. :) :)

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
This fan supports your CPU out of the box. Did you buy an open box item?
James

matthew staton

matthew staton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

This fan supports your CPU out of the box. Did you buy an open box item?
James

I no it supports the cpu. Some how the box was missing the hardware . I must have over looked it when I bought it or maybe some one had opened it before I got it.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
If it's missing hardware then your best bet would be to contact Zalman or see if compUSA will do an exchange.
James

Edited by james_8970, 13 January 2008 - 01:45 AM.

matthew staton

matthew staton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Does any one have the phone number and e mail address to zalman. Every time I try there site it is realy slow or it goes down. I can't return it to comp usa as they have closed there store now.. thank you for all the help.

Edited by matthew staton, 16 January 2008 - 01:10 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I can't find the retention clip, but the phone number off their site is 1-714-530-0700. I cannot guarantee that it's toll free.
You can also e-mail them. I cannot give you a link as it seems like this entire site is in flash. So please do the following if you wish to e-mail them.
  • Place your mouse over support
  • Click get support (it'll appear as a mouse over, beneath "where to buy")
  • Fill out a forum and then wait for a response.
James

Edit: It also appears the first version of this cooler did not support AM2 or did not come with the necessary hardware.

Edited by james_8970, 16 January 2008 - 06:42 PM.

matthew staton

matthew staton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Thankyou james I give it a shot. The cpu fan was for my quad core.