Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recieving about 20+ BSOD's

• Please log in to reply

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hi there,

Sometimes when I leave my pc on for a while, it will randomly just reboot putting me back to the Windows XP loading screen, it gets past that screen then I receive a Blue Screen of Death, I have tried to write down most of them with their stop code, but they don't stay around for long because the computer then starts restarting.

If I hit the restart button on my pc, the computer will restart fine with no errors, which is also something strange.

Heres a list of the BSOD's I have recorded:

BAD_POOL_HEADER
Stop: 0x00000019

PANIC_STACK_SWITCH
Stop: 0x0000002B

BOGUS_DRIVER
Stop: 0x00000099

UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP
Stop: 0x0000007F

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Before this one shows, a red screen flashes :|
Stop: 0x00000050

There were a few more, but I wasn't able to write down the error codes etc in time before the computer restarted.

They evenually started to loop round (Same error codes would show up again)

It started yesterday. And yesterday I added a new screensaver to my PC which was called 'Windows Tweaks.sys', so I placed that into the system32 folder. I have now deleted that file, would that be causing a problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated, just ask me if you need more information. I am running Windows XP Pro.

Thanks,

Bobbobagan

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Does the problem occur in Safe Mode. If not then it could be malware though it could also be failing hardware, memory most likely.

Best to make sure your system is clean before doing anything else with it.

Read through this area, see if you can Cleanup Your System. This takes care of the many of the problems without further action by the Malware Gurus on this site.

If this doesn't do it, post a HijackThis log HERE. Make sure you read the You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log article before posting.

Please be patient as the malware removal experts are extremely busy and it can take 1 to 3 days for them to get to you.

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
OK thanks for this information, it may take me a few days to find out aswell. It was happening every, but not limited to, 30-40 minutes when my pc was on, which was when the screensaver turned on. I have now disabled it and have left my PC on all day (while I was at work) and came home to no problems.

As a safety precaution though, I will follow your handy tips.

Thank you.

Spyderbane

Spyderbane

• Pip
  • 1 posts
LOL this is from Sysinternals it is a screensaver! your system is not rebooting, and it is not BSoD'ng. it is not a virus, just a screen saver!