Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc recognizes Xbox 360, but 360 doesnt see PC

• Please log in to reply

Yukie666

Yukie666

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm posting this topic because I'm in need of help. I finally got my 360 worked into my home networked using a linksy Cable router (BEFSR41). Xbox live is working fine but it refuses to work with my Xp based pc using Windows Media Player 11 as a streaming source. It would work fine if I connected the 360 directly to the pc using an ethernet cable, but as soon as I throw the router in the mix, it goes downhill. Windows Media Player 11 is recognizing the 360 and I have enabled sharing, but the 360 doesn't recognize the pc. Using the ''Test media connection' it works fine till it comes to 'Pc Selected'
where it gives me these 4 status codes:

W: 0000-0008
X: 0000-F001
Y: 0000-0000
Z: 8000-4005

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

jakem

jakem

• Pip
  • 4 posts
im getting the same thing its driving me bunkers and up the wall

kronictokr

kronictokr

• Pip
  • 4 posts
check this thread, and make sure your 360 is updated, burn desired file type to disk and make sure you can play them in your 360. if not it wont read them from your cpu

http://www.geekstogo...18#entry1173118