Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

It came out of left nowhere, The BSOD

• Please log in to reply

LITom

LITom

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all, first post for me.

I have a problem with XP. Suddenly the computer went dark and then the blue screen appeared. After a few choice words, I rebooted and an hour later the same thing.

Here is what the screen told me;

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down bla, bla, bla.
ureus
"Driver IRQL not less or equal"

Bla Bla Bla

Tech Info;

*** STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X00000000, 0X00000002, 0X0000000, 0X84E2ADDA)

I have not installed any new hardware in about 2 months, I have had a few problems with the Vundo Virus a few days ago that I caught and removed. It seems to crash after I start Azureus and doing some other tasks. there is no warning, computer doesn't slow down, no flickering, no stuttering, it just dies. I haven't had a problem in the past, only in the last 48 hours. I am tempted to do a repair install with my XP cd.

Please help,
Tom

Edited by Excal, 12 January 2008 - 07:25 AM.
HJT Log Removed

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
This is a malware problem

You need to go here

Read the Sticky Threads, then paste a new HijackThis log in the Malware Removal forum