Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hotmail and Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

roach779

roach779

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I can't seem to consistently connect to my hotmail account using Internet Explorer (im currently using 7), both in Vista and XP. I get "The page cannot be found" page. The only successful method is by checking email through MSN or by reloading page several times.

Is there a setting I need to change or a patch?

Thanks in advance!

Roach

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Try using Mozilla Firefox. It's far better than Internet Explorer.

Install it and try logging in from there. If the problem still persists, please post back.

~Kelvin

roach779

roach779

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have a slate design Tablet PC and exclusively use pen input. When I use Firefox, pen input doesn't pop up automatically and with IE it does.

Edited by roach779, 12 January 2008 - 06:52 PM.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
I'm not sure - it might be a compatibility problem. Anyway, can you login with Firefox?

~Kelvin

roach779

roach779

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Yeah...I can log in with firefox.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Ok then, that's good.

Anyway, here's a plugin for Firefox to help you out.

http://geckotip.mozdev.org/

Features of GeckoTIP
* "Caret tracking" enabling the proper function of the floating Tablet Input Panel in website and UI text fields.
* Manual setting of the Input Scope of a given text field to any combination of predefined Microsoft Input Scope definitions and/or an arbitrary Regular Expression that handwritten input must match.
* Heuristic input scope guessing based on textual information associated to a text field. This allows GeckoTIP to accurately guess an appropriate TIP input scope for you with no user intervention. An important example of this feature is that GeckoTIP automatically sets the URL bar in Firefox to the "URL" scope, allowing easy input of website addresses. The rules used to guess input scopes are user-modifiable.
* Support for alternative 3rd party input panels (currently: Alphatap, MessagEase, SHARK, Fitaly, TAPLESS, and WordLogic). With one of these panels loaded in memory, GeckoTIP can automatically open and position the panel near your cursor when a text field is clicked and automatically close the panel when the text field loses focus.
* Optional scrollbar on the left side of the screen for left-handed users (currently Firefox only).
* An alternative "Go" button for Firefox that acts as an Enter key now matter which field is active.

I hope this helps - I haven't used a Tablet PC before so I don't know really much, but I think that plugin will work.

~Kelvin