Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ubuntu 7.10 booting problem

• Please log in to reply

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
I just downloaded Ubuntu 7.10 to put onto my computer. It booted up fine the first time, and when I went to install it, when it asked what partition to install it to and junk, I noticed my HDD wasn't actually plugged in :). So I turned my computer off and plugged it in, but now Ubuntu won't startup. It goes to the boot screen where it asks me what to do (run and intstall Ubuntu, run memory test, etc), but when I select to run it, it just goes to a black screen with an underscore flashing in the top left corner of the screen.

Advertisements

Seltox

Seltox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Okay, I just went to bed coz I got frusterated. In the morning it worked perfectly fine.

This is confusing, but i'm still happy :)