Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes 7.5 & Quicktime 7.3.1

• Please log in to reply

woody22

woody22

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Please can someone help me i recently did a recovery on my system (windows Xp SP2) and now iTunes and Quicktime won't work (these are the latest versions).
I'm Guessing its Quicktime thats my problem but i'm not sure.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling them many times and still just end up with the same result:-

Everytime i try opening iTunes its says it "encountered a Problem" displayed like this:

Untitled.png

And everytime i try opening Quicktime it displays this:

Untitled1.png

Any HELP with this i will be greatful for. Hope to here soon.

Thanx

Woody :)

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
please see this thread: http://www.geekstogo...il-t169828.html

follow the instructions and then re-download and install Itunes/quicktime and see if that helps.

woody22

woody22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanx,
The Clean Up Utility worked great, I used it to remove itunes, Quicktime & even apple software update then i went into C:\Windows\system32 and removed anything to do with quicktime.
I then rebooted my computer downloaded and re-installed the iTunes package now everything works fine, :) Woody