I've tried the networking forum with this problem and they told me to go to the malware and the malware told me to go here. After removing a malware, I lost my use of the internet. My computer says that I have damaged TCP/IP settings, but I don't know how to fix them. The complete thread from the network forum is here: http://www.geekstogo...IP-t182549.html
where there is more information about the steps I took. Here's a summery of what I got out of the thread.
Can not connect to internet, Please help
1) NIC drivers are ok
2) same problem with different NIC
3) refreshing the TP/TCP stack did not work
4) lspfix did not work
5) winsockfix did not work
6) IPconfig\release IPconfig\renew did not work
7) using a different browser (FireFox) did not work
8) this happened right after I cleaned my machine from infection
I received the computer as a gift and it was bought from staples so if I need to repair windows, will the recovery disks work or do I have to try something else? If this is the wrong forum, I apologize. I'm just following the direction of the G2G staff. Thanks!
Edited by chapel, 13 January 2008 - 02:28 AM.