Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Joystick is not recognized

• Please log in to reply

Chekov

Chekov

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello,

I have a Saitek X7-33U Impact USB Joystick, since a few years. Up till now, it worked totally fine, but since I got some new Hardware (a new Motherboard, Processor, and Graphics Card) none of my USB ports (in the back) will even see it. On the other Hand, the same ports do see my Printer and Mouse. I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, and tried to use different ports, neither worked. The joystick doesn't show up on the Game Controllers Screen, and neither in Device Manager. Windows just doesnt seem to see it. On the other hand, on my already half broken front USB ports, it recognizes an unknown device, and i can't do anything from there. I tried disconnecting the front USB ports from the mainboard, and plugging it the stick into the back ports, but that didnt work. Tried reinstalling drivers, but that didnt work either. I have exhausted all options i can think of, and i'm pretty agitated right now to be honest. Hope you guys can help me with this.

Greetings, Chekov.

Advertisements