Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Poor Administration Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
I do not understand why nobody replies to questions? Or follows up on issues when the member is waiting on an answer? I understand everyone is a volunteer here, but it's been a few weeks. I simply want to know what has happened to my membership status and why.

I do believe it's a shame the Administrators of this site would let the place down. If I was doing something wrong, a simple PM and/or moderation action as a reminder may have helped. Now I don't know my status - except as a registered "member". For anyone who is unaware, I was a member of GeekU (but had been inactive for a while, I was attempting to rectify this) and also a member of Tech Academy. As I was chasing up my GeekU status, suddenly I lost my Tech Academy status as well and nobody has told me any reason for this. Admin has not responded to the PM I sent him before Christmas.

The only thing I could possibly think of would be this thread, where the next time I read it and decided I wanted to change my response, the topic had been closed. I also wonder that if this is the case, why nobody else was "removed". Or I could be way off, but it's the only thing I can put my finger on that could be the answer. As you can see, I've put a lot of thought into this.

I'm disappointed and feel like I've been "shut out" of the community I was enjoying immensely. I really like my time on Geeks to Go - helping, being helped, and learning heaps. I do wish to have this sorted out and return to "normal" (in my mind), but there is a niggling thought at the back of my head that say my time has sadly come to an end.

Please, may I have some kind of helpful response from those in the know?

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,955 posts
  • MVP
Troy,

I'm sorry that you're upset. I will point an admin here.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Thank you sari, I appreciate it.

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Edit: To remove comments not relating to the original thread starter's subject

Edited by frantique, 13 January 2008 - 10:27 AM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,839 posts

Edit: Defamatory comments removed

Hi AgentMES,

Thanks for your thoughts, however I didn't post this thread to start pointing the finger at people. Everyone is different, and perhaps it is that Zorba needs a warning, but this is not my judgement. I purely used that thread because it's the only example that might explain what's going on with my membership status.

As I've said, I can't edit it because it's a closed topic, so everyone always needs to think very carefully before posting a response. What you write may very well stay against your name for the rest of your life :)

Troy

Edited by frantique, 13 January 2008 - 10:38 AM.

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Edited by frantique, 13 January 2008 - 10:28 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi troy...

There is a 14 day inactive rule in effect and it will be enforced. If you become inactive for more than 14 days, you will be removed from Tech Academy. Reinstatement will be subject to TA Staff approval.

Do you remember reading and signing off on the topic which contained the above statement? That was why you were removed from Tech Academy. Your last activity there was on December 6, 2007. I'd venture a guess that you were removed from Geek U for the same reason, though that is information I do not have.

Perhaps a PM to a member of Tech Academy staff would have been preferable to a feedback topic. If you tried to PM me, I have checked back as far as the 6th of December and have not received a PM from you regarding this issue or any other.

wannabe1

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Edited by frantique, 13 January 2008 - 10:31 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Take it private, gents.

This topic is to clarify the issue troy asked about...no others.

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Troy,

Just FYI, you were removed from GeekU due to inactivity also. You last posted a Practice log September 7, 2007. A pm to any of the GUM's or the Admin of GeekU would have given you that information.

:)

Excal

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
I apologize wannabe1.. I will take this discussion elsewhere.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,839 posts

Hi troy...

There is a 14 day inactive rule in effect and it will be enforced. If you become inactive for more than 14 days, you will be removed from Tech Academy. Reinstatement will be subject to TA Staff approval.

Do you remember reading and signing off on the topic which contained the above statement? That was why you were removed from Tech Academy. Your last activity there was on December 6, 2007. I'd venture a guess that you were removed from Geek U for the same reason, though that is information I do not have.

Perhaps a PM to a member of Tech Academy staff would have been preferable to a feedback topic. If you tried to PM me, I have checked back as far as the 6th of December and have not received a PM from you regarding this issue or any other.

wannabe1

Troy,

Just FYI, you were removed from GeekU due to inactivity also. You last posted a Practice log September 7, 2007. A pm to any of the GUM's or the Admin of GeekU would have given you that information.

:)

Excal

Thank you both for your answers. The biggest mistake I have made is assuming that any Administrator would be able to help me with my queries, so I simply PM'd admin himself, however if he is away then that explains everything. What I now understand is that even though someone may be an Administrator (or Global Moderator or Moderator, for that matter), they still take separate areas.

Thus, I should have PM'd wannabe1 with help for Tech Academy and ScHwErV or Kat for GeekU. As it was, I was waiting for a response from ScHwErV regarding reinstatement for GeekU (I had a half-finished PL#4), and made the mistake of assuming that my removal from Tech Academy was the final answer, as I still have not heard anything from him.

As it stands, though, my apologies to all for the confusion, and I will work hard at the threads once again. If there is any chance of reinstatement into GeekU and/or Tech Academy, I would be interested once again and will work harder to contribute to the PL's more than other posts.

Thanks for hearing me out, I don't mind if this thread is closed/removed/commented further upon.

Troy.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

I'm sincerely sorry about this troy, in my opinion "Zorba The Geek" should stop posting garbage. He is the cause of that stupid "Proof of global warming thread". In my opinion he should get a warning on his behavior, he always post's crude and offensive jokes. I am really sorry about this Troy, i hope we can get to be good friends.

Sincerely,
-AgentMES

AgentMES, if you have an issue with the way this site is run, or any of our members, please contact a member of the Administration team directly via pm. Bringing such negativity towards someone out in public this way will not solve anything.

Also, our Mod in the jokes area (Frantique) is very VERY good at what she does. If something is over the line or offensive, she will remove it, trust me. The thread you're referring to did not break any of our TOU, so I'm unsure as to what your problem was with it.

Troy, I'm glad you have things resolved now. Since it has been taken care of, I am closing this topic. :)