Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PPViewer

• Please log in to reply

wongnumber1

wongnumber1

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Cannot view powerpoint presentations. Could when computer was new but now, no. Have tried to download viewer and still cannot access. Viewer asks for my product key. Have entered the 25 number code to no avail. Cannot figure out what else to do. Thanks for help.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to GTG:

Based on your statement about using the product key, I assume you either have PowerPoint as a standalone program or Office. Correct?

What happens when you enter the product code?

Murray

wongnumber1

wongnumber1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The viewer was included with the computer when new. However, have downloaded ppv 3 and ppv 7 with the same results. Still asks for product key and when entered, says invalid key. I didn't think that a key was needed after downloading product to be used just for viewing. The main problem is that I cannot view any pp slides sent via my email. I do not need the whole office program. Any help is appreciated.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Okay. Go into Add/Remove Programs located in the Control Panel. Find all installed viewers and remove them.

Now, download and install THIS VIEWER.

If it doesn't work, try THIS ONE.

Murray

wongnumber1

wongnumber1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
U r a saint, however, I have already downloaded from those sites with the same results. I think that there has to be an uninstalled trial version existing on my 'puter that I have not identified as yet. Why else would the thing ask for a produ ct key? If I close the box that is requesting the key it closes the email as well. Will continue to work on it but if u have more knowledge, please inform. Tks.....wong :)

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Have you checked your Add/Remove Programs area for PP or Microsoft Office?

Murray

wongnumber1

wongnumber1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey again. Found Office and uninstalled. Then installed 2007 Viewer. Still get the same respone that a product key is required. Sooooooo - uninstalled 2007 Viewer again. Searched for Office and Viewer and get that it is in Drive C. Went there and sure enough, it shows it. I found the folder that says pptview and have seven folders within. Do I delete these or just the ppviewer or what??? Ur help is wonderful! :)

wongnumber1

wongnumber1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Just wanted to add one more thing. If the box asking for the product key does not come up when trying to view the e-mls, then a box saying that this file does not have an association with it, does. I only know that files must have the appropriate association with them, but that is it. Do not have any idea how to correct or create associations. Thanks :) again.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Wipe out everything and then re-install only the PPTViewer.

As for the association, right click the file in question and you should get an option to associate a program. Just choose the viewer.

Murray