Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Playing a console on a desktop PC

• Please log in to reply

Student101

Student101

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
i have an Wii, but hardly get to play it because we only have one TV in the house :) , but in my room i have a computer at my disposal. So my question is this: is it possible to hook up a console to my PC and play it? if so what hardware,connection,etc would be needed to do such a thing?

Thank you for your help in advance :)
Student101

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
one would imagine that you could do this with a "tv tuner" card...basically gives your computer a connection like a TV would have....alternately...if you butter up your parents they might be willing to buy you a small TV for your room....or better yet....you could get a job after school or something and save up and buy your own! another great place to find a TV is the Goodwill or other "thrift" store....even pawnshops have some pretty cheap tv's...they're not huge...but you could probably (if you put your mind to it) find a suitable TV for the same price as a tuner card

Student101

Student101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
thank you for your advice!:) now to see if i can get a TV or not. Let the buttering up begin! :)

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

one would imagine that you could do this with a "tv tuner" card...basically gives your computer a connection like a TV would have....alternately...if you butter up your parents they might be willing to buy you a small TV for your room....or better yet....you could get a job after school or something and save up and buy your own! another great place to find a TV is the Goodwill or other "thrift" store....even pawnshops have some pretty cheap tv's...they're not huge...but you could probably (if you put your mind to it) find a suitable TV for the same price as a tuner card

Dsenette I love your advice! I rate this the #1 Answer! (especially since it was the only answer) :) You give good advice Dsenette, Keep it up! :)