Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory Problems

• Please log in to reply

Beazel

Beazel

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, i bought new memory today but it doesn't seem to be working as it should be.
My motherboard is the P5ND2-SLI and the memory is OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel
It says it should run at 533 MHz but i only seem to be getting 333.

Here is a screen shot of everest showing the memory summary.
Posted Image

I am a novice when it comes to memory so was just wondering if there is a way to get the most out of this memory.

Thanks,
beazel

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Go into bios under the Advanced tab then under frequency controll see what the current mem speed is set to.

Beazel

Beazel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It says

PCIE Frequency (MHz) 100
Current FSB speed 800 MHz
Current MEM Speed (DDR) 666.7 MHz

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Did you remove the old ram? if not the ram will run at the slowest ram modular installed.

Did you try loading the bios defaults?

Beazel

Beazel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yea, ive done both.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi Beazel,

You will need to up the voltage on the sticks from within the BIOS. Apparently, Everest is reporting that your sticks need to be at 2.3V. Confirm this (by manual/looking on the sticker of the RAM stick itself) and adjust as necessary.

Report back what happens next :)

Troy

Beazel

Beazel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have change the voltage to 2.3, which does agree with the ram stickers, but there is no diffrence. Even when i opened everest it showed exactly the same as the screenshot above.

Thanks
beazel

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
That's interesting. I would try entering the BIOS and manually setting the speeds and timings, are you able to achieve this?

When you purchased the RAM, did it come with a small instruction manual? (My GeIL RAM did).

Troy.

Beazel

Beazel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yea i can manually change the speeds but when i do, the pc sets them back to defult due to system faliure

Also the memory only came with a leaflet on how to place them in the pc, which isnt that helpful