Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Both CD and DVD Driver are corrupted {Solved THX}

• Please log in to reply

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
As the topic says they were corrupted after I got some trojans plus my external Hdd driver are also corrupted but the HDD doesnt worry me becuse I still have the cd.Windows device manager say this [Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)] so were can I find this plug and play drivers for optical drives?

Edited by Canorro, 17 January 2008 - 04:09 PM.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
In device manager remove the drive and reboot, optical drivers are native to windows so they should install after the removel and reboot. If not maybe the computer still is infected and I would check out the security forum

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Nop didn't work..

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Try and open the computer disconnect the ide cable (gray) from either the cd or dvd. Disconnect the power when doing this.
Now try and reboot now.

If this does not work try and change the cd jumper.
(Only do this if the cd and dvd are on the same cable!!!)
I attached some pictures. The one with the back of the cd in the blue area is the jumper. Based on the position it tells the computer who is master and slave. There are 2 pictures one is master one is slave. Now switch between the two different positions and see If they are detected now (you may need a plier or tweezers). The gray cable that you disconnected should be inserted do that the red/blue line is next to the power cable (green in the picture).

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Canorro...

Sounds like something has set filters on the drives.

Click Start then Run, type regedit and click "Ok"

In the left pane, expand (click +) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SYSTEM, then CurrentControlSet, then Control, then Class, and click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} In the right pane, are UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters listed?

wannabe1

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Upperfilters
value is incdrm
InCDPass
GEARAspiWDM
type reg_multi_sz
Lowerfilters is same type
Value is PxHelp20
Pfc

Edited by Canorro, 15 January 2008 - 07:05 PM.

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Try and open the computer disconnect the ide cable (gray) from either the cd or dvd. Disconnect the power when doing this.
Now try and reboot now.

If this does not work try and change the cd jumper.
(Only do this if the cd and dvd are on the same cable!!!)
I attached some pictures. The one with the back of the cd in the blue area is the jumper. Based on the position it tells the computer who is master and slave. There are 2 pictures one is master one is slave. Now switch between the two different positions and see If they are detected now (you may need a plier or tweezers). The gray cable that you disconnected should be inserted do that the red/blue line is next to the power cable (green in the picture).

I will try vally sugestion tomorrow.sorry for the lates reply but if im not wrong master and slave are well set.

Edited by Canorro, 15 January 2008 - 07:07 PM.

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Hi Canorro...

Sounds like something has set filters on the drives.

Click Start then Run, type regedit and click "Ok"

In the left pane, expand (click +) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SYSTEM, then CurrentControlSet, then Control, then Class, and click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} In the right pane, are UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters listed?

wannabe1

Upperfilters
value is

incdrm
InCDPass
GEARAspiWDM
type reg_multi_sz
Lowerfilters is same type
Value is
PxHelp20
Pfc
also i deleated that program that came with nero its called InCD..

Edited by Canorro, 15 January 2008 - 07:08 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
And it's InCD that has the filters set on the drives...... :)

Right click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and choose "Export". Save this to your desktop and name it oldfilters

Then Right click on LowerFilters and choose "Delete". Accept the change.
Right click on UpperFilters and choose "Delete". Accept the change.

Close Registry Editor and reboot.

Do your drives show up after doing this?

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

And it's InCD that has the filters set on the drives...... :)

Right click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and choose "Export". Save this to your desktop and name it oldfilters

Then Right click on LowerFilters and choose "Delete". Accept the change.
Right click on UpperFilters and choose "Delete". Accept the change.

Close Registry Editor and reboot.

Do your drives show up after doing this?

Yep thank you it work like a lucky charm :) thx thx thx and a whole lot of more of those to you and other people who try to help me

Edited by Canorro, 17 January 2008 - 04:05 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You are quite welcome! :)

You can delete the oldfilters file you saved to the desktop...it's no longer needed.

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Ok got it :)