Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

• Please log in to reply

The Daz

The Daz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
A few months ago while I was looking for things to delete from my add/remove hardware I accidently deleted my Video Controller. I would system restore but I have no idea what date I would it to. Everytime I start windows the Hardware Update Wizard pops up trying to install the controller. Does anyone know where I could get a video controller for my computer..?

My computer is a Celeron 320 2.40 GHZ, with Windows XP

I Appreciate the help, thanx. :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Get Everest Home Free, run it then click + next to computer then summary read through to see what it says for video adapter and double check with clicking + next to display, windows video and PCI / AGP video. If you get a name then visit the manufacturers site to download drivers

Everest

The Daz

The Daz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the help so far.. For my windows video there was no description.. for PCI/ AGP Video the device description was
SiS 330 Integrated for Video Adapter
& SiS 330 Integrated for 3d Accelerator

Do you know of a website I could go to so I can fix my problem? :tazz:

Edited by The Daz, 20 April 2005 - 09:59 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run their online product scan then see if that gives you the driver or contact their tech support

I think you need the chipset information as well

SiS scan

typhoon455

typhoon455

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi i've got just the same problem as you but my video-card is a nVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 (VGA compatible) but i can't find the right driver on nVIDIA.com can you help me to find the right driver ??

Greetzz TYPHOON

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This says they all use the same one

Edited by Keith, 23 April 2005 - 08:06 AM.

typhoon455

typhoon455

• Pip
  • 9 posts
yes i know they all the same one but i'm still getting an error with the VGA controller

VGA_1.JPG VGA_2.JPG

Edited by typhoon455, 23 April 2005 - 08:12 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What happens if you save the driver to a folder in my documents, cancel the add hardware wizard then install from the folder, if it installs then you can move the folder to the nvidia folder in programme files

typhoon455

typhoon455

• Pip
  • 9 posts
It just installed the driver and then the error is gone but my video-card also needs a WDM-driver, i installed that to. But when i'm gaming my computer just stops sometimes and i can't do anything but reset... And when i start my computer there's nothing on the screen, then i reset (again) but this time press F8 and enable the VGA mode. then there's nothing wrong. how can i fix this ?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go from the link to nvidia in your earlier post then press support then FAQ and look through answer id 22 an error occurred in nvidia graphics

It looks at stability

Edited by Keith, 23 April 2005 - 08:43 AM.

Advertisements

typhoon455

typhoon455

• Pip
  • 9 posts
How do i know what chipset driver i need ?
My computer:

Intel Pentium 4
CPU 1.90 GHZ
256 MB DDR RAM

Edited by typhoon455, 23 April 2005 - 08:50 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Get Everest Home (free)

Everest

Open it then click + next to computer then summary then see what is listed in motherboard chipset, also click + next to motherboard then chipset, it should give the same information

typhoon455

typhoon455

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Thx i already downloaded Everest but i didn't know where i could see the chipsets :tazz: THX

typhoon455

typhoon455

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Do i also have to change something in the BIOS to make sure it will work ??

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you are going to update the chipset then see how it goes, answer id 22 also lists settings for the BIOS

Edited by Keith, 23 April 2005 - 09:04 AM.