Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer has just wiped all the info on HDD, need help!

• Please log in to reply

stuartie_b

stuartie_b

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi, i turned on my computer this morning and found that all the data on my C HDD was wiped, however, the programs on it are fine. My HDD is split in two, but the second one was fine, thank goodness because a lot of important information is on that one. The only files i really kept on the C drive are photos and although i have around half of them on bebo there is still a lot that hadn't put up and was wondering if there a way to recover them?

Its really strange, my computer is acting like nothing has happened, and also, a lot of the settings have appeared to have gone back to the original factory settings. I would really appreciate any help you could give me. thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If your PC still boots into Windows (Quote: "Its really strange, my computer is acting like nothing has happened") then the C: drive cannot have been "wiped". What exactly happened to make you think this? Error messages etc.?