Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Rage 3D IIC AGP driver for win2k...

• Please log in to reply

Mephitus

Mephitus

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
i cant find the 3d (directx accelerator) driver for this (ATI Rage 3D IIC AGP) card for win2k...

versiontracker;
http://www.versiontr...einfo/win/42915

looked like it had something promising but the link it points me to on ATIs site;
https://support.ati....amp;folderID=27

basically said 'not found' ...

is it not possible to get DX 3d accel (and/or even better... OpenGL) for this card in win2k?

ive also looked through the driver section of atis site... it only has win98 drivers (that arent compatible with 2k) for this card...

help? :)

PS yes ive googled... its not been my friend...

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If drivers aren't present on ATI's site for a certain version of Windows, it generally means that that version of Windows will know what to do with the card automatically but it doesn't mean all features will be available.

You may need to upgrade DirectX on the Win2k machine.

Mephitus

Mephitus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
it has the latest DX version... and windows does know what to do with the card (as far as 2d goes)... came with MS drivers... just that it doesnt support 3d accel...

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is more likely down to the age of the card than anything else. This is a very old card.