Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

possible res problem?

• Please log in to reply

steinjared

steinjared

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello, I am attempting to help a friend with his computer.. The problem they are running into is the screen resolution possibly. Everything appears to be zoomed in, and not all of the background appears on the screen, you have to move your mouse in order to move right, left, etc. on the page. I have messed with the resolution, and screen. It is not a monitor problem. and I have tried everything that i can think of. Any possible ideas would be thankful.. Thanks

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sounds to me you have the res set too low. What resolution are you using and have you checked that the setting on Advance button in Display/Settings is at around 96 DPI? Most res are running at 1024x768 except for the latest and greatest ones out.

Ron

steinjared

steinjared

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have checked all of that, and used your recommended settings, but there is no change. I can still see everything on the page, but I have to i guess you could say "Move the screen around" by moving the mouse around the screen. If i want to see the right of this page, i have to move the mouse to the right side of the screen. Etc.. any other possible recommendations? I have tried everything I know.. (It is a problem with the computer, not the monitor, the boot screen is normal) Thanks in advance

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
How about posting a screen capture of the desktop so we can see what you are talking about?

To post a picture here, do the following:

• To capture the entire desktop, press the Print Screen key, To capture the active window, press Alt+Print Screen.
  • Open a Image editing program like Paint (Start / Run type mspaint and press Enter) or IrfanView and paste the screen capture into it, then save the file to a place where you can find it.
  • Goto a web site like
    register if needed then upload your picture.
  • Copy the link to your picture then paste it into a post in this thread.