Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

logon loop

• Please log in to reply

cssplaya

cssplaya

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok so iv been having this problem for a long time. i have been googleing for weeks and cant seem to find a possible solution. when i boot from the xp cd i go into recovery console and select the drive i want to use (default 1). i follow the instructions but when it comes to the adminisrative password i press enter and it asks for it again. this way i cant reinstall windows or even run a check disk. i would appriciate some help. thank you :)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to the forum, cssplaya. By default the 'Administrator' account doesn't have password protection, it's only set if you give it one. Despite this, Windows will always prompt for a password even when that account is not password protected. In that event you just leave it blank and continue, then if it prompts you again have you tried simply leaving it blank again for a second time and continuing?

cssplaya

cssplaya

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i havce tried all my passwords. will reinstalling windows work?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
yep...it will