Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is my computer worth?

• Please log in to reply

audiospade86

audiospade86

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Proccessor: Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2 GHz runs at 27c at idle at stock
Mother board: Asus A8N-LA
Video Card: PNY GeForece 8500 GT PCI-e x16
chipset: GeForce 6150 LE
Memory:2GB PC-3200 184 pin, DDR SDRAM (512mbx2 Kingston)(512MBx2 Stock)
HD:250 GB SATA
Power:340w output
Antec Case: 180mm Fan with adjustable speeds. one side fan 60mm.
Sound/Audio:
Integrated High Definition audio
* Realtek ALC 883 chipset
* Supports up to 8 audio channels
* Dolby Pro Logic II compatible

9in1 Memory card reader
* USB interface
* Supports the following cards:
o Compact Flash I
o Compact Flash II
o SmartMedia
o Memory Stick
o Memory Stick Pro
o MultiMediaCard
o Secure Digital (SD)
o Micro Drive
o xD Picture Card (xD = extreme digital)

im planning on selling this tower just because im not at home much anymore and i am going to invest in a laptop

so if u could let me know how much i should ask for just let me know thanks.

thanks Guys i apprecieate it

-Maxi-

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there, it's really hard to tell the price of a used computer. While one person may think it's worth $500, if someone only offers $300 then your computer is worth $300. These figures are an example.

If you intend on selling it, take a look in your local newspaper/trading post/online and find similar systems and their advertised prices, this will give you an idea on what you can sell your computer for.

Quite frankly, your computer has old hardware in it and I wouldn't even consider purchasing it myself, unless it was extremely cheap ($50 or less).

zoneykid

zoneykid

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
If i had the money i would probably buy it for $200-300 maybe $400 if you pop in a better power supply(500w atleast), cause some of the hardware isnt that old, like the video card the geforce 8 series is fairly new(2007) it has 2gb of ram, 250gb HD, its good for someone who doesnt want power and just wants a running computer for like work or something.

audiospade86

audiospade86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
lol well i just notices its 380W not 340 but i know that doesnt make that much of a diffrenece

but thank you for the comments

msujedi

msujedi

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
I know this thread is a year old, but it is still pulled up in searches...so, here's my 2cents.

Electronics improve at such a fast rate & have so many companies whose competition forces prices down. Once most people start thinking 'my computer is kanda old. maybe I should replace it', resale is pretty much out of the question. A system that is 0-3 yrs old might be able to give you a few more years by upgrading RAM. If the system is pushing 4 or more years you may want to begin shopping for a whole new system. Depending on finances, you could keep your monitor.

What do you do with your old system? Give it to someone who is in need of a computer, short on funds, and who only has moderate computer needs. Donate it to the local Salvation Army or similar organization (don't forget to ask for a donation slip to use at tax time ...you can tell them the value of the PC & they'll write it on the slip, but be reasonable). If you really need at least some cash out of it right away, check other ads as was mentioned in a previous post.

What do you do with old RAM or other components after an upgrade? I have no idea, which is what led me to this thread in the first place.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

What do you do with old RAM or other components after an upgrade?

Donate or advertise them, if no joy there just find electronics recyclers who will take the parts off you.

ideaz77

ideaz77

• Pip
  • 3 posts
check out www.GadgetValue.com - this website tells you the approximate market value of your used computer