Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FPS slowdown

• Please log in to reply

monoxidez

monoxidez

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
My fps keeps having a slowdown. The first few mins my FPS stays around 200-300, then later it goes 70-300 ish. Can someone tell me how to get a stable FPS. I've been thinking it's my video card or driver or something. Or something else....

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi monoxidez, do you have an option to enable V-Sync? This should keep things stable.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Don't enable V-sync.
Unstable FPS is perfectly normal, some parts in games simply will be more intense then others. When you hit these intense scenes, it requires more processing power to render the information resulting in a FPS loss. This is perfectly normal.
James

Edited by james_8970, 14 January 2008 - 07:04 PM.

monoxidez

monoxidez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Well I understand but, I will get screenlag at around 50-100 FPS. It happens only when I see more than 12 players around me. It's strange. I need to fix it.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
It's because when you see more players, your GPU is required to work much harder resulting in a FPS loss. This is a part of gaming and there is no fix.
James

monoxidez

monoxidez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
But I never had this problem untill last week. I'm thinking it's my ATI driver settings or something.