Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 1 posts
In the uploads section of bearshare there are boxes that can be checked or uncheked. One of the boxes refer to

sharing the library files files. I would like to ask do the other boxes: 1) 'enable partial file sharing' and 2) 'Allow others to

see my files' refer to only the files in the library section or do they refer to files on my hardisk? Would there be a

security risk? Also, I download bearshare files in to 'my downloads' folder, would people be able to look at the files that

are already in this folder, before bearshare was installed?

Edited by Dray12, 14 January 2008 - 06:24 AM.

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hello Dray12 and welcome to Geeks To Go!

Because file-sharing applications are largely used to obtain files illegally (ie without payment to the copyright holders), we do not give help or advice in connection with them. Please do not post requests for help with Bearshare, Limewire or any other file-sharing apllication on this forum. Thank you.

Edited by pip22, 14 January 2008 - 10:45 AM.