Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HOT! cpu at 69c degrees on load!?

• Please log in to reply

zoneykid

zoneykid

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Ok i was reading this thread and that got me thinking, whats a normal temp for my cpu, so i had it overclocked to 3.3GHz from 3.0 and i thought it was ok till i logged the temps under load, on 3dmark06 cpu test the highest the temp went was 69c!(immediately after seeing that temp i clocked it back to stock settings) And on stock clock speed idle its at around 50c right now... is that a good temp for an AMD Athlon 64x2 6000+?

And while im on the topic of temps, my video card is at 44/45c idle and 54c temp when overclocked to 700/900 from 590/800 are those good temps?

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I need to know load temps, not idle.
70*C is too hot for a CPU.
James

zoneykid

zoneykid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
69c was the load temp...

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I was referring to the GPU temps.
James

zoneykid

zoneykid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
oh then 54c is the load temp

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
54C on load for pretty much any graphics card is a great temp. However, as James said, 70C is too hot for a CPU.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

oh then 54c is the load temp

You sure that's accurate? There is not a large enough delta between the idle and load temps (which is why I didn't believe the 54*C was associated with your GPU originally).
What have you used to stress test your GPU? Do you have an aftermarket cooler on there? Do you have watercooling?
James

Edited by james_8970, 14 January 2008 - 02:55 PM.

zoneykid

zoneykid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Guess its back to 3GHz then...

Strange thing is though, everest says that the CPU idles at 50 while the dual cores are at 46...

Yeah i use an zerotherm gx815 on my video card cause it was running at 60c idle and 80c load.

Edited by zoneykid, 14 January 2008 - 03:00 PM.