Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems removing mIRC program

• Please log in to reply

kep

kep

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Our original problem was with the winfix virus back in Oct. & so although that was removed i'm not sure whether the current problems extend from that.
Now we are having various problems, firstly the computer tries to go to a 'checking file system on C:' when opening, we have been cancelling this & it just bypassesit. Since running all the preparation scans & hijack this it still tries it so I let it run & this time it went into continuous stream of 'replacing invalid security id with default security id for file'(got upto10000 before turned off).
When computer opens on start page a program mIRC is trying to get you to go register sending you to the website, this always comes up twice. I have tried to remove this program & it says that'some files could not be removed' & then doesn't let you close down the window.
various other problems include sudden shutdown of computer, not allowing any programs to open & the computer not connecting the printer. Although all these seem to have solved themselves.
We use eset NOD32 antivirus & also Super Ad blocker. Should I now remove the AVG installed for the preparation? (I have uninstalled the Hijack This & Panda programs).

I have attached the Hijack This log, the uninstall log & Super Antispyware scan log.

I hope this is all ok & that you can help me resolve these problems.

Thank you

Attached Files

Advertisements