Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IP Conflict or something?

• Please log in to reply

Khris107

Khris107

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys heres the thing there is two computers running in my house off of one Router and sole internet connection, My brother and I want to play Age of Empires online however, Its not allowing us somehow, also another thing is Even if I want to play without my brother and with someone else who I dont know its not possible either.

Yet prior to this only my computer was working through the router as the other had some tech issues and I was fine playing online with others. What could be the issue here and is it possible to fix?

I can host a game no problem However when I give my ip to people from "showip.com" they cant get into the room however this was possible before my brothers computer got connected to the router again.

The router we got now is called "Buffalo Air Station, TURBO G"

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks To Go.
It may be that when you have two computers on line the bandwidth is not enough for this games requirements.
Can both computers go to google at the same time? You should both be able to go on line at the same time with no problems.

Khris107

Khris107

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello and welcome to Geeks To Go.
It may be that when you have two computers on line the bandwidth is not enough for this games requirements.
Can both computers go to google at the same time? You should both be able to go on line at the same time with no problems.

Hello and thanks for replying, yea we can both surf the net with no problems whatsoever, Infact the bandwidth strength is excellent we had a DLINK router prior to the Buffalo one and the two computers were always lagging, but now all is good except when we want to play some online gaming with Age of Empires. I mean I could play it well without the other computer but when I want to play via LAN or go through IP its not allowing me.

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
I would say that it is an issue with your bandwidth not being high enough for two computers to play this game at one time.
But another question, Is this a pay for gaming per computer? What I mean is do you each have to pay to play? the web site may see two mac addresses and if you are only paying for one block you.

Khris107

Khris107

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I would say that it is an issue with your bandwidth not being high enough for two computers to play this game at one time.
But another question, Is this a pay for gaming per computer? What I mean is do you each have to pay to play? the web site may see two mac addresses and if you are only paying for one block you.

To be honest, I dont think its a bandwidth issue, Its not a pay per computer type game, its played from CD. Im sure its something to do with the IP/s. Does two computers have different IPs or does the router or internet connection have one? If there is some way of hiding an IP to gain me access.

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
OK, I misunderstood. I thought the game was online. You are trying to play each other connecting with a router?
If so you have to share out the game. But you did that playing others online right?