Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird Display Issue on Secondary Monitor (LCD Tv)

• Please log in to reply

pinksoir

pinksoir

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm running Gears of War on my Pc. I have a 19" vga monitor in with the computer and a 32 lcd in the living room. I use the TV as a secondary monitor cloned with the 19" and have the computer connected up to it with a long vga cable.

Now usually when I play games it's fine, but with Gears of War the TV display is all screwed up. The bottom half of the game is on the top and the top half is on the bottom. It's as if the whole display is pushed down and the bottom half is appearing at the top... it's hard to describe but maybe someone has come across this before.

I've no idea what res the game runs at as there are no options to change it...there doesn't appear to be a configuration option. There is an image displayed on the Tv, (almost) perfectly in fact. I can see everything in the game. The only problem is it's cut in half, with the top half at the bottom and vice versa.

I have the latest drivers too...

Also, the monitor displays it fine. It's only this game too. I can watch movies etc on the TV with no problems at all.

The specs are as follows:
C2D E6750
GigaByte GA-G33M-DS2R Mobo
2Gb DDR2 6400
Samsung Spinpoint 320Gb SATA HDD
Radeon x1950pro
Catalyst® Version 07.12
LG LCD Tv (Max Res: 1366x768 vga)
Windows XP Sp3

Thanks in advance,
Karl.

Advertisements

Mephitus

Mephitus

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
make sure both displays are running at the same refresh rate (connect another monitor in place of the LCD TV to verify this) when the game is running... or turn of cloning and only use the TV (or viceversa) when playing that game... some games just dont like cloning...