Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Apoint.exe and internet access

• Please log in to reply

csscott

csscott

• Pip
  • 1 posts
At start up i get a message from apoint.exe - Bad Image saying that "the application or DLL C:\Progrm Files\Apoint2k\Apoint.DLL is not a valid Windows image" This is followed by a message headed Apoint.exe "Failed to load dll.
The status of my wireless connection is good and yet I can't access any sites through internet explorer. Are these related?
I would appreciate some guidance.

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks-To-Go.

Apoint.exe is related to a mouse or touchpad, so I doubt that it would be the issue with your wireless. I believe the first step here should be getting your computer checked for viruses and spyware.

Check out this topic and follow the instructions. Once you have been cleared there, we can follow up here if you are still having problems.

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

newuser120

newuser120

• Pip
  • 1 posts

At start up i get a message from apoint.exe - Bad Image saying that "the application or DLL C:\Progrm Files\Apoint2k\Apoint.DLL is not a valid Windows image" This is followed by a message headed Apoint.exe "Failed to load dll.
The status of my wireless connection is good and yet I can't access any sites through internet explorer. Are these related?
I would appreciate some guidance.

I am having the exact same problem

LaptopLag

LaptopLag

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am also having this problem and I noticed at the same time it began, my browser began to load pages very very slowly, if at all. It seems that the pages would load better once navigating within a domain or website but once I navigated to a new website or opened a new browser, the page loads were very slow. I've downloaded and run Avast Anti-virus and a scan found nothing unusual so I don't know where to go from here. Please help!

Notageek30

Notageek30

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey you guys, I had this exact prob. on my HP Pavillion. I kept getting the answer of a worm or virus on all these forums. I had scanned my computer and even re-formatted my hard drive because this was effecting my ability to get past the BIOS screen. Needlees to say, it had nothing to do with a virus or spyware etc. I simply needed to redownload the touchpad driver that was compatible to my PC.

I got mine right from the HP website. I dowloaded it to my desktop so I could find it. I ran the program, opened the folder and found a ton of pieces to the program - probably because I have chosen to be able to see hidden files and folders. ANYWHO, I opened up the "read me" icon and followed the directions. Rebooted and the message is gone. Nothing to do with my hard drive or anything dramatic like that....so far.

I am happy cuz I just got a new hard driver for this peice o crap in January. Hated the thought of spending more moolah. It never acted right since I got it back, they accidentally gave me the cd that they rebooted my XP programs from- it looked like a copy of a copy of a copy. So I'm pretty sure that was part of my problem. The best thing a non-geek like myself can do-is research the heck out of problems on the net! Sites like this have helped me SO MUCH!