Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Download torrents

• Please log in to reply

sammyblank

sammyblank

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello,

Firstly thank you to anyone who assists me with my problem. I have just bought a Billion 7404VGP for my adsl2+ naked dsl iinet connection. I have set up the broadband and VoIP connection and it works great. However it will not let me download anything through a torrent program like Azureus or Bits on Wheels. I know that I need to open ports and other things but I find it all very complicated. If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisements

sammyblank

sammyblank

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Ok I have now set up virtual server to accommodate the torrent ports...and it is actually working, however it is very very slow. Much much slower then I have ever seen when downloading torrents, so something is still up (perhaps NAT I'm not sure). I am downloading the torrents using Bits on Wheels for mac. Could someone please help. Thanks

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hi Sammy. You probably have received no help on this issue because it's against forum rules to help an member with file-sharing, torrents etc.. owing to the fact that they are (most commonly) used to obtain software or movies illegally. Whilst your activities may well be 100% legal, we have no way of knowing that so we have to abide by the rules with no exceptions.

If any staffer or moderator reads this and agrees with my comments, please close the topic. I am reluctant to do so since I've been "reprimanded" in the past for using that option.

Edited by pip22, 15 January 2008 - 09:58 AM.