Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

D3DX9_34.DLL Not Found

• Please log in to reply

Prez

Prez

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'v got it solved, and COD 4 is working. Thanks for everyones help. Especially AgentMES. You gave me the idea of downloading d3dx9_34.dll. I didn't think that was possible until I got your link. So thanks.

Advertisements

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
No problem at all! :) I have had dll problems myself and fixed them by downloading them.

JamesyRawrs

JamesyRawrs

• Pip
  • 2 posts
where do you put this .dll for vista because im recieving this issue with 3dsmax?

Edited by JamesyRawrs, 09 February 2009 - 02:16 PM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts

where do you put this .dll for vista because im recieving this issue with 3dsmax?

Hello JamesyRawrs and welcome to G2G!

I would assume the file needs to go into the windows\system32 folder

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello JamesyRawrs

If you could state your version of vista , eg: 32bit or 64bit , we could tell you the correct location...

Press and hold the windows key ( loacted on the keyboard with the windows logo ) , press pause-break key

the "General tab "should state what you are running

Good luck

Happy computing

Anthony19

PS: ViperThunder's reply quoted: In 64-bit versions of Windows, 64-bit dll's go into the SYSTEM32 folder. 32-bit dll's go into the SYSWOW64 folder. Make sure you are placing the 64-bit version and 32-bit version of d3dx9_34.dll in their correct respective places!

Edited by Anthony19, 10 February 2009 - 05:32 AM.

JamesyRawrs

JamesyRawrs

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok i have a 64-bit but the folders that you stated arent shown how can i locate them?

ok i found the folder system32 and put it in and when i tried to run 64 bit version of 3dsmax it's still saying the same error.

oh wow im dumb i forgot i did a pc transfer so both folders exist on my pc so i had to put the .dll in both

thank you for all your help ^^

Edited by JamesyRawrs, 10 February 2009 - 05:09 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
If your missing this file don't try to download and figure out where to install it. this file is part of the direct x install. To update go to http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35
-download the dxwebsetup.exe file.
-Execute the file and accept license agreement
-deselect the checkbox to install "Bing" toolbar
-click next and it will update all the direct x componets as needed.

this will work on windows xp, vista, and 7 both 32 and 64 bit versions.