Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FIREFOX

• Please log in to reply

FSUNOLE333

FSUNOLE333

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi there. I downloaded firefox the other day and I had some internet shortcuts on my desktop. Well I went to go open one today, and i got an error message with a box that came up like it wanted me to look for the page in the C drive. I uninstalled firefox, deleted my shortcut, and went back into explorer and made a new shortcut. But the same thing happened. Anyone tell me why or how to make it work properly?

Advertisements

cable89

cable89

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
i am assuming your using windows click on it and see where it is targeted too also avoid the use of the short cut or go to the fire fox icon and click and drag it on your desktop good luck

FSUNOLE333

FSUNOLE333

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
i have uninstalled the firefox. Its not the firefox icon that I am having a problem with. Its an ie shortcut to a page that I frequently visit. It allowed me to click on it and go directly to the page before FireFox, but with it I could not go there. So I have uninstalled firefox, deleted the old desktop short cut, went back to IE, opened the page again and made a new shortcut, but still nothing.

Clark76

Clark76

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 34 posts
Sorry, but I do not have an answer to your problem. I do have a question though. What happens if you create a shortcut on your desktop with FireFox? Does the problem still exist? Also is the problem with the one shortcut or with all of them on your desktop?

Edited by Clark76, 15 January 2008 - 10:05 PM.