Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

COD 4 Cannot locate the DVD-ROM

• Please log in to reply

javaman63

javaman63

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Bought the game (retail, not a cracked copy) for my PC, installed it and went to get my feet wet in single-player mode...nothing doing, get a "Cannot locate the DVD-ROM" pop-up window with the message "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application" message.

This happens whether I try to play single-player directly from the Start/Programs area or start the game in multiplayer and try to switch to singleplayer from there.

Anybody have any ideas or get this same message?

I can join a multiplayer game but want to get the hang of the game first before I go up against real people, so I have the controls down pat.

HELP!!

Advertisement

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,532 posts
several suggestions listed here:
activision cod support

javaman63

javaman63

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Figured out what the problem was...I had DLA (Drive Letter Access) enabled for the DVD-RW drive (for Roxio's drag to disc
option)..disabling DLA enabled the DVD to "see" the disc...singleplayer now works! HOOAH!!

Advertisement