Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

EXTERNAL DISC PROB-HELP!

• Please log in to reply

lowenstein

lowenstein

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HELP!
MY 2 YEAR OLD EXT.DISC-IB 360U-BL(80GIGA) WHERE I PUT SOME VERY(EXTREMELY)IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS ALL OVER THE SUDDEN CANNOT CONNECT TO ANY COMPUTER OR DEVICE. ITS NOT THE CABLE CAUSE I TRIED THREE DIFFERENT CABLES(USB) NOR ITS THE COMPUTER (ALSO TRIED DIFFERENT ONES) IT SEEMS THAT NEITHER ONE CAN READ IT OR RECOGNIZE IT,THEY DON'T REPORT ANY ERROR,JUST AS IF IT WASN'T PLUGGED IN!
NOW, I NEED TO GET TO THOSE DOCUMENTS URGENTLY...WHAT DO I DO? WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?
PLEASE, HELP!!! SINCERELY,
LOWE

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

From what I can tell (by typing the model number into Google), you have an external IDE drive enclosure containing a hard drive, correct? In other words, the enclosure was purchased seperately from the hard drive. This means that it should be simple enough to open the enclosure up in order to access the drive inside.

Have you tried doing this to make sure that the actual drive is securely connected inside the enclosure?