Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

another no connection problem

• Please log in to reply

kallita

kallita

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I know I am missing something simple here, but thought I would ask anyways.
I am doing a new install of windows xp x64 on a clean drive , on an asus m2n-mx board, using the built in nvidia network card, to a dlink router using a home network.
here is what is happening.
I am getting no connection coming back.
ip is setting correctly <and have tried both auto and set ip adress>
and the machine does show up in the dhcp setting on the dlink router when looked at from another machine on the lan
ipconfig comes back with the correct ip address.
cannot connect to the dlink <192.168.0.1>at all.
status shows that packets are going out, but nothing is coming back.
ping to the dlink is lost in the etherrealms.
have tried turning the firewall off, as well as adjusting as many things as I can think of the get it working.
there is nothing else installed on this drive except the windows programs and the drivers for the mother board.
all of the settings are the same as they are on the winxp pro version i was running<or if there is a difference I can't find it>
I know that the hard ware is working properly because i can boot this machine into the windows xp pro version and get perfect connectivity.
What else can I look into , or what else can I do to see if I can get this thing working? :)
If you have any more questions I will do my best to answer.
thanks
kallita

Advertisements

kallita

kallita

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
:) after three days of fighting with it, I have removed the windows XP x64 completely from my machine and have gone back to the standard winXP. O'well it was worth a look at.
thanks to everyone that took a look.
kallita