Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with my old iBook

• Please log in to reply

Treeoche

Treeoche

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, I have an old G3 iBook (700 MHz, 256 ram) which has been playing all sound that it picks up with the mic through the speakers. This only started happening after the second or third use of the freeware program Audacity when I turned on the option of monitoring sound while recording.

I've deleted audacity, but the problem persists. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of this without formatting the hard drive? (while I'm thinking about it, if I had to format the hard drive, to save the programs, could I just copy the application folder to an external hard drive and put it back on or would that not work?)

Thanks

Advertisements

Josiah

Josiah

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Okay, I think I may know how to fix the problem. Go into your system preferences... then sound folder. When you are in there you can switch the sound output to speakers, headphones, or none depending on what you want. You can also adjust what mic you want to use. Audacity also has similar presences to these in Audacity(in menu bar)_Preferences.

Hope you can fix it in one of these places.