Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backing up Quickbooks

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Hi, I use an external drive for backing up my business software. I realize that this external drive can fail too. Does anyone still back up to R/W cd's or DVD's . I thought about using the R/W disc as an extra means of precaution. It is just time consuming to back up to the external drive then the R/W disc each time you close Quickbooks. Can someone share the way they would back up. I 'm open to more suggestions. Bruce

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Picky, instead of a CDRW, what about using a small flash drive. I know they are susceptible to failure but CDRWs are not all that safe either besides which, you'd have to install some kind of packet writing software like Roxio Incd or Nero DLA, both of which can cause system instability at times.

This would be much faster than a CDRW and since it's only purpose would be as a secondary backup in case the external HD failed, it should suffice.

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Thanks, That was one of my thoughts too with the idea of a flash dive failing too. You are right with the packet writing software causing problems and CDRW disc don't last along as a record disc. I will take your advice and invest in a couple more flash drives and alternate them in backups. Thanks Bruce.