Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I've disabled my hard drive and I cant get up

• Please log in to reply

jbaumet

jbaumet

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
In trouble shooting my computer for some problems with sound I disabled my HDD's and i can't figure out how to enable them now. Of course now I can't boot up. Help please!

Jeff

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
I assume you did this in bios/setup correct? Please explain

If you are running a raid setup this could be a major problem if not try clearing the cmos by removing the motherboard battery for 10 minutes with the computer unpluged. Then startup, enter bios and load the defaults. Save when you exit and hopefully it will boot to windows

jbaumet

jbaumet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks. I went into the bios and reset to "fail safe" and that got me to boot. I couldn't remember how I got the drives set up in the first place and thats what I was looking for.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Your welcome, you may want to load the optimized defaults, this will give the computer optimine performance, if it fails for some reason you now no how to revert back. If everthing is in good working order the optimized defaults are your best bet

jbaumet

jbaumet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I love the internet. what would a guy like me do without access to a guy like you :) thanks again.