Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Don't really know What the... is going on....

• Please log in to reply

nygiants21

nygiants21

• Pip
  • 4 posts
First thanks for taking the time to read this post. I am having a really hard time clicking in boxes and typing. I have to click on the box, (it shows crosshairs) then right click and hit delete just to be able to type in the "box" it is not on a pic or anything like that. Is it an virus or just something stupid I am missing....Again thanks!NYGIANTS21

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
If you are using custom cursers and IE7.
Switch to standard windows cursors.

Perhaps just the custom curser needs changed to windows cursers.
IE7 or not. Try Firefox and see if it does the same thing.

nygiants21

nygiants21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well the thing is that I never changed my cursor. It is still the same until I click on an item to type in it. I click and it shows crosshairs and I am still not able to type.

Thanks

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Does this occur only in IE7? If so, try the following:

Click on Tools then Manage Addons (if that still exists in IE7 - I do not have nor do I want IE7 but this worked in IE6).
Disable ALL addons then see if the problem is resolved.
If yes, re-enable them one or two at a time till you find the culprit.

If that doesn't fix it, you can uninstall IE7 from Add or Remove Programs after checking the Show updates box at the top. Scroll down to Windows Internet Explorer 7 and Remove it.

This will give you IE6 back. You can stay with it or reinstall IE7 via Windows Update.

nygiants21

nygiants21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ztruker...... thanks brother you have helped me out a lot. The manage add ons option worked!!  To everyone else that took out time to try to help me thanks also!!!

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Glad to hear it. Curiosity is killing me though, which one was it?