Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Orange Box a Possibility?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

IHateDlinkSupport

IHateDlinkSupport

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi all, I am using a Compaq Presario with an AMD Athalon Xp 2800+ with 2.08 GHz, and 1.5 GB of Ram. I recently upgraded my video card to a GeCube ATI Radeon X1550PRO 512 MB AGP. I also bought The orange box and am not able to play any games. First it came up with a error: Failed to create D3D Device! I did what it said to fix that, but now the game loads then just flashes black and shuts down. I know nothing about the Catalyst Center or what are the best drivers. I also noticed in my catalyst center where there should be a video preview it is juts a black box. By the way right now I am running Catalyst Version: 07.12. Please help or tell me if it is a lost cause. I really hope not since I just bought this new card! Thanks.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...le-t183917.html <--dupllicate topic