Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAID 1 degraded - how to fix this?

• Please log in to reply

BluePoet

BluePoet

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
While trying to install the latest NVIDIA chipset drivers on my Asus P5N-E SLI 650 (2GB RAM. 2 500GB HDDs, Vista 32-bit), I somehow disabled SATA. Eventually this was fixed, although device manager shows only a generic SATA, not NVIDIA or model-specific. Re-installing does not help. MediaShield seems to have disappeared in the software, and I can't seem to get that back on, either.

While the computer still boots and runs, both HDDs are listed as degraded in BIOS. Unlike before (they were RAID 1), both now appear in Windows as indepedent drives. I am unable to re-build in BIOS (pressing R does nothing), and there does not appear to be any software method to do so. Is there any way out there to fix this without losing all of my data (or even buying an external drive, doing a back-up and doing a clean install)? I would very much like this solved.

Shame on me for attempting an upgrade. Still don't know how it went wrong, but can't fix it. Please help!

Advertisements