Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP 2700

• Please log in to reply

dipak_helpdesk

dipak_helpdesk

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello,

I have a HP LaserJet 2700n printer. Frequently test page gets printed. ( At least 10 times a day). This page includes lot of color as well consuming unnecessary tonner.

Pls. suggest how this can be avoided.

Regards,

Dipak

Advertisements

Mephitus

Mephitus

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
by 'test page' i assume you mean the printers built-in demo page and not the windows test page right?

if its the printers demo page look in the manual to see if you can turn it off... or at least figure out whats triggering it.... if its a windows test page then something else is wrong...

need a little more info here...

dipak_helpdesk

dipak_helpdesk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

I believe most of the time its due to ignorant users pressing some key on printer & it comes out. But still i want to know if any solution to this.

pls. advice.

Thanks.

Mephitus

Mephitus

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
most likely they have to hold that key for a few seconds rather than just press one....

and i hate to be the bringer of bad news but built-in printer test pages are part of its diagnostic functions and cant be disabled.... since this is a laser printer that i assume is networked you might be able to password protect or lock those functions (this depends on the complexity of this printer).... again... look in your manual to see what makes the printer print the test page then see if you have the ability to lock/block/password it....