Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Wireless Keyboard 1000 problem?

• Please log in to reply

trevtherev

trevtherev

• Pip
  • 1 posts
TrevTaskManager.jpg Hi GtG - wish my PC would go! :) Installed a new MS wireless desktop 1000 a few weeks back - not sure but I think it's caused very sluggish behaviour generally especially if the mouse is moved about. Task Manager shows nothing running too badly but Performance Tab is appalling - runs to 10-15% when nothing is running. Have run loads of virus scans - currently using Kaspersky IS7 - this could be a malware problem so if I have posted in the wrong area apologies. Have reloaded my nVidea drivers, Run sfc /scannow. Does anyone have any advice for the next steps please? Task Manager JPG attached - I was just doing some screen shots and writing this. Thanks - Trev

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi trevtherev, welcome to Geeks to Go!

Have you attempted to remove the MS Wireless 1000 and use an old wired keyboard and mouse again? I would also uninstall any drivers/programs you installed with the Wireless 1000 set.

If everything still runs bonkers, then it's not the keyboard/mouse. If it starts running nicely again, then you have found the culprit. :)

Let us know what you have tried and any further questions you may have.

Troy