Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How can i reinstall windows and keep office?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

arpalermo

arpalermo

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi,
Im selling my computer today, and it needs to have office on it. It has office 03 which came with the computer, but i want to reinstall windows using the XP pro license on the computer... is there anyway i can reinstall windows and keep the office install? I have the CD to install it just not the key. Is there a way to find out the key this one was installed with and reuse it on the same computer??

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try using Belarc Advisor and look for your product keys in the listed results.

Ron

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Hi,
Im selling my computer today, and it needs to have office on it. It has office 03 which came with the computer, but i want to reinstall windows using the XP pro license on the computer... is there anyway i can reinstall windows and keep the office install? I have the CD to install it just not the key. Is there a way to find out the key this one was installed with and reuse it on the same computer??

Howdy:

How did you manage to get the install cd without the key code to go with it?

Murray

arpalermo

arpalermo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
non-legally (but i dont ever use it with a fake key or anything)
I ended up just deleting my stuff thanks though
That bellark advisor thing is awesome!! Its unbelievably useful for what i do i cant believe i never knew about it!!

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
That's what I thought and your Office support ends here.

Murray