Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Whats this little app in the corner that keeps syncing to something?

• Please log in to reply

arpalermo

arpalermo

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I bought a computer recently off a company that was going out of business... anyways theres an icon in the corner of a little computer and it occasionally tells me that im not connected to the companies power edge server. Apparently this is some sort of app that would sync files between all the computers in the company. But its not in the add/remove programs list (at least i don't think it is) and it doesn't have a name or anything so im guessing its a windows service thing. I tried run/services.msc to bring up a list of a bunch of services to see which one it is and disable it... but i have no idea which one it is... am i on the right track? If so which service is it? Or how am i supposed to take it off!!?? Its really annoying...

Advertisements

hiloh2o

hiloh2o

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Sounds like a Network Drive. Im not really sure how to uninstall a network drive but im sure someone here will be able to help you.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Right-click on it in My Computer and choose Disconnect.