Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

REWRITE DRIVE

• Please log in to reply

LINKUP19GS

LINKUP19GS

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
<_< I have a btc 5232 cd burner. It worked fine with easy cd creator and windows xp media player. After installing the nero software that came with it became about as usefull as a rock. The drive registers but will not read any media of any type. I receive the error message no media items present or device not ready. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
This has become very common after installing more than one CD burining program on a system. Try removing all burning software, reboot, and then choose ONE to reinstall. Let us know how it works <_<

LINKUP19GS

LINKUP19GS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I HAVE TRIED UNINISTALLING ALL BURNING PROGRAMS AND INSTALLING ONLY EASY CD CREATOR AND I STILL AM NOT GETTING ANY RESULTS. I ALSO UPDATED MY FIRMWARE FROM THE BTC WEBSITE ALL TO NO AVAIL STILL HOPING FOR A SOLUTION THANKS. <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Then I'd guess installing Nero was just a coincidence. You probably need a new drive.