Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 Signiature Problem ?

• Please log in to reply

g4fne

g4fne

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Folks .... I'm hoping someone could solve this one for me.

I'm running outlook 2003 with 3 different email accounts. I want a different signiature for each account. The default account signiature works fine but even though i set up the other 2 in the same way i cannot get the other signiatures to work.

Any ideas anyone ??

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
g4fne,

If you go to Tools > Options > and then select the tab marked Mail format, you should be able to set signatures on each account from there. You'll see at the bottom of that page that there is a section marked Signatures. Below that, you should see "Select signatures for account:" with a drop-down box next to it. You can choose which account you'd like, and then select which signature you'd like for new mail or for replies and forwards on that account. If you don't yet have a signature, you can click on the Signatures button and set one up from there. I have Outlook 2003 with 3 accounts set up, and this works for me.

sari

g4fne

g4fne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

g4fne,

If you go to Tools > Options > and then select the tab marked Mail format, you should be able to set signatures on each account from there. You'll see at the bottom of that page that there is a section marked Signatures. Below that, you should see "Select signatures for account:" with a drop-down box next to it. You can choose which account you'd like, and then select which signature you'd like for new mail or for replies and forwards on that account. If you don't yet have a signature, you can click on the Signatures button and set one up from there. I have Outlook 2003 with 3 accounts set up, and this works for me.

Hi Sari .... Thanks for response ... i have done exactly this & have different signiatures for each & both "signiature for new messages" & "Signiatures for replies & forwards" selected but still nothing shows :) :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
So you have a default mail account selected, and when you simply choose New message, your signature for that account appears. But when you select a different account to send from by selecting from the Accounts list in a new message, your signature for that Account doesn't appear? Sorry to seem to repeat myself, but I'm just trying to understand exactly what you're doing when you change your signature.

sari

g4fne

g4fne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

So you have a default mail account selected, and when you simply choose New message, your signature for that account appears. But when you select a different account to send from by selecting from the Accounts list in a new message, your signature for that Account doesn't appear? Sorry to seem to repeat myself, but I'm just trying to understand exactly what you're doing when you change your signature.

sari

Hi Sari .... yes thats exactly whats happening