Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

C:& D: drive space allocation

• Please log in to reply

jpbassc

jpbassc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Sony Vaio model 'pcg frv31' . The hard drive is allocated between C and D drives with D drive being a backup drive. C drive currently has 13.97 GB allocated with 34% free. D drive currently has 18.27 GB allocated with 99% free.
Is there any way I can lower the allocation of space for D drive and increase the allocation of space for C drive ???
Thanks in advance, as I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers.

JohnB.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is normal Sony behaviour.
Normally when you run your Recovery CDs, it'll wipe drive C but leave drive D intact. This is so you can put anything you want to keep on Drive D before running the recovery CDs.
You can alter it but you need third party software, something like Partition Magic.